Staycation, staycation. staycation.
Most of us are aiming to do what we can to help our environment and protect our precious planet. There is no better way than a staycation, keeping those air miles down, what’s more it’s all the gain without the pain!
Lots of you want to take it even further by considering what you are actually doing whilst on your staycation. So we thought we would help your planning by putting together a few guilt free experiences you can enjoy during your stay at Eighteen97. We are sure you will love these doorstep delights and you can go home full of new experiences, exhilarated, rested and guilt fee!
- Have a waterfall day, we have The Mallyan Spout, Thomosson Foss, Warterark and Tom Kelds Falls all within a mile of Eighteen97. Add in Falling Foss and you have the amazing tea garden too.
- Eat cake! The North York Moors is the Capital Cake. We can recommend some great spots to stop and sample
- Go in search of the local seal colony between Robin Hoods Bay and Ravenscar, they look amazing lazing on the beach and rocks.
- Hire a bike. There is world class mountain biking at Darby Forest or pick up the national cycle trail from Whitby to Scarborough.
- Take in the dark skies and amazing sunsets.
- Visit the local independent museums, we have so many. Choose from Ryedale Folk Museum, Beck Isle, Captain Cook, Whitby Museum, Museum of Victorian Science, and Cleveland Ironstone Mining Museum too.
- Join a group activity day within the national park, take a look at what’s on here.
- Pull on your boots and see the moors, we have too many walks and views to mention.
- Take a stroll to the smallest pub on North Yorkshire, unchanged for over 80 years, It’s less than a mile away and not to be missed.
- Have a Yorkshire Day, eat, drink, walk and see. Sample some amazing local food and drink and see sights you won’t find anywhere else. We will point you on the right direction to find the hidden gems!