Terms and Conditions
When you make a booking at Eighteen97 we do not want to confuse you with lots of jargon and legal wording. The simple aim of our Terms and Conditions is to make you fully aware of what you are agreeing to when you make a booking at Eighteen97.
By paying your deposit you are entering into a legally binding contract and accepting our Terms and Conditions in full. Please understand what you are agreeing to before you book, as we will enforce our Terms and Conditions.
Additional Terms and Conditions for deferred bookings due to Coronavirus:
- All replacement bookings must be of equal or greater value to that of the original reservation.
- All replacement bookings must be made direct by telephone and your stay completed by the date stated on your deferred deposit confirmation or your deposit is forfeited.
- Where your original reservation was between Sunday – Thursday your replacement booking should also be between Sunday – Thursday
- Discounts cannot be carried forward to a replacement booking. Any advertised discounts at the time of booking may be added.
- All new replacement bookings are non-amendable and no further transfers may be made.
- Deferred deposits are valid at any B&B in our ownership and are not limited to Eighteen97, Goathland.
Additional Terms and Conditions related to Corona Virus
- On dates where Eighteen97 is operational standard terms and conditions apply to cancellations in the event that you are disinclined to travel due to any risks you deem associated with Corona Virus.
- Should you need to cancel due to showing symptoms of Corona Virus normal cancellation terms will apply. If you are able to present evidence of a positive test result we will transfer your deposit to a new date within 12 months. Where we are able to relet the room charges will be reimbursed at the value of the relet (which may be lower than the value of your booking) minus a £20 administration charge.
- Should you show signs of Corona Virus during your stay at Eighteen97 you should seek medical advise immediately. Where it is safe to do so you should return to your primary residence. The balance of your stay will be due in full. Should you need to self-isolate at Eighteen97 you will be responsible for all costs related to your stay, including but not limited to, additional nights accommodation, costs of rooms unable to be let due to your self-isolation, additional food costs, professional contract cleaning of the room and property following your departure.
Our cancellation policy is simple and not intended to confuse. If you are unsure please ask before you book.
Your deposit equal to the first nights stay per room will be taken at the time of booking. This is nonrefundable and nontransferable. Deposits for bookings of 2 or more rooms may be increased but you will be made aware of this prior to any payment being taken. This is nonrefundable and nontransferable.
Where the value of your booking exceeds £500 a deposit equal to 2 nights stay is payable. The first night is nonrefundable from the point of booking and the second night is refundable up to 8 weeks prior to your stay when it becomes nonrefundable. Standard cancellation terms apply after this date.
The card you use to pay your deposit will be held against your booking and may be used in the event of cancellation, no show or damage to property.
If you cancel more than 14 days prior to arrival you will not owe us anything more but your deposit will not be returned.
If you cancel within 14 days of arrival you will owe us the total cost of your stay and this will be charged to the card you used to pay your deposit at the point of cancellation. We will do all we can to relet the room(s) and should this be wholly or partly possible we will provide a refund to you for the amount we have recovered from a new booking minus your deposit. This may be less than you had paid and you remain liable for the total cost of your booking.
Exceptions to our 14 day cancellation policy include Bank Holidays and Special Events when 28 day terms apply and where a 2 night deposit is paid.
Once booked and your deposit paid your dates and deposit are non transferable. However if you have a need to change your booking we will try and accommodate your request on a goodwill basis, subject to availability, where the request is made more than 6 weeks prior to the date of arrival and new dates are within 6 weeks of the original date booked. We cannot guarantee the availability of new dates and should you choose to cancel your booking your nonrefundable deposit will be forfeited. BUT please remember any changes within 14 days (28 days as described above) of arrival are classed as a cancellation and will be charged accordingly even if you choose alternative dates, this also includes any reduction in the length of your stay.
In the event of ‘no show’ the card you used to pay your deposit will be debited with the full cost of your booking. If it is not possible to debit the money from your card a debt recovery process will be followed.
Should Eighteen97 need to cancel your booking we shall seek to give a minimum of 14 days notice. You will be given the option of a refund of your deposit or offer an alternative date. Eighteen97 will not be liable for any additional, associated or consequential costs.
Force Majeure – should events beyond the control of Eighteen97, including but not limited to Acts of God, War, Terrorism, Pandemic government regulation and civil disturbance prevent either party from fulfilling their contractual booking agreement no refund of any deposits will be due. Eighteen97 may at its discretion seek to offer an alternative date of travel within a 12 month period at the current market rate.
Some special offers require full payment at the time of booking. This payment is nonrefundable and nontransferable. This will be clearly stated and shown on your booking confirmation email..
We do not wish to sound harsh in any way with our cancellation policy but as a small business we cannot be expected to shoulder the risk or others when they choose to cancel at short notice. Please do not ask us to do this.
You are strongly advised to take out travel insurance and if you choose not to you are accepting the risk and potential financial loss.
Gift Vouchers are subject to standard terms and conditions with the addition of:
Gift Vouchers have no alternative cash value
Gift Vouchers may be used against special offers.
Gift Vouchers must be used to purchase B&B and cannot be used against add- ons including but not limited to packed lunches, picnics and suppers.
Gift Vouchers are valid to the expiry date and may no be extended.
Gift Vouchers must be used against one stay and cannot be carried forward
During you stay at Eighteen97 you are also agreeing to the following:
You are over 16 years of age. If under 18 you are accompanied by an adult.
You are not bringing a dog or any other animal onto the premises. This includes leaving animals in your car overnight.
You will not smoke or light candles anywhere within Eighteen97. If it is later found you have smoked you will be changed a minimum of £50 for additional cleaning.
You will not remove any items from Eighteen97 which you have not paid for.
You will respect and take care of all items and furnishings within your bedroom and the rest of the property and report any damage prior to your departure.
You will respect the comfort of your fellow guests by minimizing noise from TV’s, music systems and opening and closing doors, especially after 10.00pm and before 8.00pm.
You will pay the balance of you stay on or before the final morning of your stay.
You will vacate your room no later than 10.30am on the final morning of your stay.