Do you want to run your own Bed & Breakfast?
So you are thinking of running your own B&B. Dreaming of a slower pace of life, time for yourself, master of your own destiny. That is exactly what we did, giving up high flying careers in business environments and the world of advertising! But what is it really like?
With 2 start-ups, (one in the middle of a recession…mad or inspired??!!) and 10 years experience of owning and running award winning B&Bs we can give you the true insider knowledge and help you decide if B&B life is truly for you.
Our B&B Worksops
Our workshops are face to face and individual, interactive and tailored to you. Giving lots of opportunity to ask questions and move at a pace you are happy with. We believe in doing these on an individual basis so you really do get the most out of the experience.
Our most popular workshop is the ‘B&B Taster’. A 2 hour workshop, usually taken as part of a stay at Eighteen97, although we can do this as a stand alone unit too, contact us for details of this.
B&B Taster Workshop
Looking for a change in career, pace of life, semi-retirement? Is B&B life for you? Will you live your dream?
The workshop is fun, run informally, at your pace, allowing you to gain maximum insight into all aspects, from finance to fry-ups as we say! Our aim is for you to go away armed with enough knowledge to make an informed decision about your plans. We hope you will be inspired, excited, but most of all we want you to be confident in whatever decision you reach. After all the last thing you want to do is make any costly and lasting mistakes about your business and personal future.
What we will broadly cover in the ‘Taster Workshop’
- Location, location, location
- What type of B&B is best
- Research, the competition and pricing
- Start-up or buy existing
- Finance options
- The big ‘M’, marketing
- Policies, the law and compliance
- The reality of running a B&B day to day
- The lifecycle of a guest.
- The future
- Questions and Answers
As B&Bs are most often run by couples all our workshops and pricing is based on 2 attendees, no reduction for single attendees.
2 hour Taster Workshop, when taken during a stay at Eighteen97, priced at £150
When taken as a non-resident, priced at £175.
Practical workshops to guide you
Of course it is impossible to cover everything in great dept in just 2 hours but don’t worry if you decide B&B life is for you we can be here to guide you through the process, step by step along the way with a selection of more detailed workshops and tailored services. We aren’t suggesting you need them all, as we are all individual and have accumulated different skills along the way. Take a look at what we can offer:
Day to Day Operations – 3 hour workshop, £220 per couple
- Breakfast, menu planning, special diets and execution
- Food Hygiene
- Housekeeping, room service and changeover
- Life cycle of a guest, enquiries, bookings, reviews, returns
- Tiny noticeable things
- Being the perfect host
- Staying on step ahead
The P’s – Property and Purchase
- Pre purchase advise
- Property viewing, – perfect, potential or problems
- Planning for the future
Financials , Policies, Law – 2 hour workshop, £180 per couple
- Business Plan – advise and/or writing
- Cash flow
- Risk assessments
The ‘Big M’ Marketing – 2.5 hour workshop £200 per couple
- Website Design and writing
- Social Medial
- Accreditation, hospitality associations and local tourist boards
- Trip Advisor
- First impressions
- Room essentials
- Nice to haves
- Interior design and costing
- A discount of 10% is given on any workshop when it is taken during a stay at Eighteen97. Minimum 2 night stay applies.
- Property and Purchase and Property Design advise are tailored to your exact requirements and needs. With all costs agreed prior onset.
- Business Plan writing, to your specific requirements from £200.
- Workshops are usually held at Eighteen97 B&B. However should you prefer they can be held at a location of your choosing, additional travel costs will apply.
- All workshops to be paid for at the point of booking with 28 day cancellation terms.
We are always happy to discuss any specific requirements you may have. Just call Fiona on 01947 896 317 for a no obligation chat.